Determine Your Contribution to Climate Change
Sustineo makes Sustainability Simple, using our 3 Step approach: Measure, Optimise and Restore. A carbon footprint comes under the first step to understand your business’s contribution to climate change, and where you can best focus efforts on your journey to zero emissions.
Sustineo provides verifiable carbon footprints in accordance with the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064-1, and has demonstrated expertise in carbon management and analysis. We have successfully completed carbon footprints for hundreds of Irish businesses, from bakeries to forecourt fuel blends and even the St. Patrick’s Day Festival in Dublin.
What’s Involved in Calculating Carbon?
The Sustineo team has been supporting clients with helping to measure their greenhouse gas emissions since 2011, providing consultancy and advisory services including:
- Rigorous carbon footprint analyses for activities, projects, products, events or organisations in accordance with the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064-1 standards
- Scopes 1, 2 & 3 emissions covered
- Scope 3 screening assessments
- Guidance on decarbonisation and demonstrating Net Zero or Carbon Neutral
- Support with related programmes such as the Science-Based Targets initiative and the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) and Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)
- Training and facilitation workshops for C-Suite, management and general staff
Benefits of a Carbon Footprint
- Reputation: Knowing your number in conjunction with a credible carbon reduction plan is becoming a social license to do business and can help your company win and retain business
- Track Progress: A carbon footprint can be used to baseline your operations and quantify progress on your journey towards zero emissions and also to be compliant with reporting programmes
- Future proof decision-making: Carbon footprints, if calculated in a similar way, allow comparison between planning and investment options
“It’s an asset to the project to be able to demonstrate that we have subjected one of our pilot projects to a rigorous scientific analysis.”
José Ospina, Natural Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Project Manager, Centre for Architectural Education, UCC
Carbon Footprint FAQs
Can you believe... 44% of this company's overall Carbon Footprint was attributed to their Pension and Investment Funds! Sustineo's Managing Director, Raoul Empey recently collaborated with Ciarán Hughes from ethical investment company, Ethico and discussed how to...
We are making a mess of our planet. Fact. But we can change the direction we’re going in if we start by recognising where we are, honestly, and then carefully planning how we go forward. You may have heard of the EU Circular Economy Waste Package, but where do you...
A lot of hot air has been spouted about “behavioural change” over the last year, as if it will somehow magically solve our emissions dilemma. As energy managers we understand the need to balance technological, management and people solutions in equal measure to...