Climate Action Certificate
AEE Climate Action Certificate, 2-day course – €1,450 ex VAT
- 50% funding towards course fees available for eligible October 2023 applicants through the Lean and Green Skillnet*.
- Open to all professionals looking to develop Climate Action Plans for organisations, i.e. client companies, legal, financial, HR, operations backgrounds, etc.
- Professional development Certificate will be issued from Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
- Courses scheduled for 12-13 Oct, 2023 & 21-22 Feb, 2024 in Dublin.
- 15 hrs CPD + 1 hr assessment
- No prior knowledge is required
“I really enjoyed the course, eye opening, very interesting. I found Conor and Raoul excellent, really made it interesting and enjoyable. I would be happy to recommend it to both colleagues and friends. The venue was excellent.”
David McCrone, Facilities Officer, National Transport Authority
*50% Funding – Lean & Green Skillnet
50% funding towards October 12/13, 2023 course fees is available for eligible applicants through the Lean and Green Skillnet.
Candidates should register using their company/work email. Once registered for this course through Lean and Green Skillnet, an invoice will be issued by the Skillnet for 50% of the full fee.
Note – certain organisations are not eligible for funding:
- Non-Commercial Public sector organisations
- Charity or not-for-proﬁt organisations
- Businesses based outside the Republic of Ireland
Climate Action Certificate – Course Details
This Climate Action Certificate (CAC) is a new professional development course offered by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) covering the potential impacts and opportunities facing Ireland and humanity globally, as well as an overview of Ireland’s and the world’s policies and emissions. It is open to all professionals and staff tasked with working on climate action. The course will provide you with the tools and guidance you need to get started on your organisation’s climate action journey. It also points to the supports available to businesses wishing to do climate action in Ireland.
Want to be a leader in Climate Action?
Learn how you can develop climate initiatives in your organisation, draft a plan of action, and access supports to implement your plan. This course will help you to:
1. Gain an overview of Global, Regional (EU) and National (Ireland) emissions, policy, and legislation
– Terminology, concepts and jargon explained
2. Understand the potential impacts and opportunities facing businesses
– Including carbon budgets for enterprise
3. Know what Climate Action means with particular regard to
– Reducing emissions
– Adapting to a changing climate, and
– Raising awareness amongst suppliers, staff and customers
4. Learn how to prioritise opportunities for improvement
– Templates provided
5. Know where to find the supports to start climate action planning for your business
AEE’s Climate Action Certificate is open to all professionals across all sectors interested in furthering climate action within their organisation.
– 12/13 Oct, 2023 – Venue: The Rediscovery Centre, The Boiler House, Ballymun Rd, Ballymun, Dublin, D09 HK58
– 21/22 Feb, 2024 – Venue: The Rediscovery Centre, The Boiler House, Ballymun Rd, Ballymun, Dublin, D09 HK58
– 2 full days (15hrs CPD + 1hr assessment; 1.5 CEUs for AEE members)
– Capacity for up to 25 people
– In person training by 2 climate action practitioners and certified trainers
– Bring your laptop
– A training manual will be provided on Day 1
– Assessment: 1 hr multiple choice assessment which is required to receive your certificate of “competency”
– Your trainers will also be available to answer your questions on finding access to relevant grants and other supports.
– Price ex VAT €1,450 for non-AEE members and €1,350 for AEE members
– 50% funding towards course fees available for eligible October 2023 applicants through the Lean and Green Skillnet.
“Thanks for a great couple of days at the training.”
Neil McDonough, Sustainability Manager, Department of Foreign Affairs
“Thanks for a great couple of days at the training”
Sustainability Manager, Department of Foreign Affairs
“I really enjoyed the course. Eye opening, very interesting. I found Conor and Raoul excellent, really made it interesting and enjoyable. I would be happy to recommend it to both colleagues and friends. The venue was excellent.”
David McCrone, Facilities Officer
National Transport Authority
“Thanks to the presenters for a very comprehensive and engaging experience.”
Dr Anthony Farrell
Energy & Engineering Services Manager, Accent Solutions
“I really enjoyed the course.”
Professional Development and Communications Officer, LMETB